Thursday, March 22, 2012

This is so much harder than pregnancy...

believe me, I know.

I've gone through two pregnancies.  From the very nanosecond I discovered I was carrying new life inside me... I did everything I possibly could to protect and provide for that little developing heartbeat.

From the moment of birth I did everything in my power to show that little helpless baby that they were loved... and provided for every need they could have had... before they even knew they had need.

Adoption is different.  It is so very, very different.

These little helpless guys are mine in every way.  Just like the two pregnancies I have had, I long to provide for their every need....

However, I can't!

AND IT STINKS.

BAD.

I look at these pictures and dream of the day that I will hold them.

And wonder if they are being loved like their mom will love them....

And knowing they are not.

***rip my heart out and stomp on it***

While we continue to dream and pray and cry and long for the day our little guys will be loved like they should.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more! Adoption is definitely tough on the heart. I carried three babies and could protect them and love them and care for them until we were able to hold them in our arms. I feel so helpless waiting for TA. I pray every night that someone is hugging our little Blake, telling him how loved he is.... I'm told that the day we are able to hold our babies all of these feelings won't matter anymore. I long for that day!

    ReplyDelete