Saturday, July 28, 2012

Longest. Day. Ever.

So today Big Brother woke up sick.  Vomiting.  Diarrhea.  
Big problem.
We HAD to take a 4 hour (ONE WAY) van ride to Nanyang to apply for Eli's passport.  
Both parents HAD to be there.  
Period. 
Big Brother could not leave the hotel room.  
He was THAT sick.
So our guide came and stayed with Big Brother and Big Sister while another guide took us to Nanyang.  
Several other families in surrounding hotel rooms checked in every hour and brought them food.
I was a nervous wreck all day.
All day.

 So the rest of the family got up and dressed and ready to go:


4 hour van ride there was uneventful with sleeping children.  Until we got to Nanyang and the driver decided to play chicken with the 18 wheelers coming towards us.  Notice Josh ignoring the driver and looking out of the side window.  
Notice Denise (another adoptive mom) behind Josh, fearing for her life.  

Eli holding mama's hand in the passport office.

Two cool dudes riding back to the hotel.

One conked-out, miserable, sick baby.

Big Brother felt a million times better when we returned, 9 hours later.  The only thing they suffered from was a little Cabin Fever from having been in the hotel room all day.  

Mama was SO glad this day was over...

3 comments:

  1. ugh-- coud not imagine doing that--- our longest day ever was getting to GZ and being delayed for 6 hours... LOVE the woman's expression behind josh-- priceless! i have to say- the only time I ever felt nervous in the car was on our way to HK-- my word they drive crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Courtney, I've enjoyed reading about your family and your new additions! I am Sheri S.'s friend and she has told me some amazing things about you and your China trip. Hope everything's going ok and can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just stumbled across you blog from Pinterest, and I just wanted to let you know how happy I am for you! I just came back from a 2 week long mission trip to the Hunan province in China with 4 other adoptive momma's and 5 other teen girls. Just wanted to let you know that we were in China life recently and know how much (both ups and downs) you are going through. Praying for y'all! My husband and I plan to adopt from China as soon as we make age requirements! Hugs to you and your new babies!
    -Amy

    ReplyDelete